Hey Community I hope you all are well! Across the country states are slowly starting to reopen and with it people are beginning to move about and return to things that have been shut down. I wanted to reach out to you all and see if you all have created a reopening strategy for your parishioners and if so what does it consist of? Has your leadership team been in contact with doctors and specialists in your state to insure that you are following the proper health guidelines as laid out by the CDC? Here are a just a few things that I suggest keeping in mind as we return to the sanctuary:
1. Make sure to check with your volunteers and assess how comfortable they are with returning. We don't live in fear but in faith however not everyones faith is on the same level and it is perfectly OK if someone feels uncomfortable at this time with returning.
2. Let your volunteers know what steps and precautionary measures you are taking. This allows them to know that you are thinking about them and their safety.
3. Look at your staging to be able to maintain social distancing. Don't be afraid to play around with different stage plots. This might be the time to implement some new ideas.
4. Maintain steady conversation with your team and leadership. The next few weeks and months may prove to be up and down so don't feel as though you have to stick to any 1 game plan if it is proving to not be working.
5. Lastly remember that not everyone is watching the news or keeping up with the right information so its important that as leaders WE DO. As you get information share it with your team and volunteers and keep trying to educate. Our biggest weapon against the fears that many people face is true education. You may not be an expert in this field but you should make sure to get information from those that are and that's not just the media whether it be right or left leaning,
I hope these suggestions help you some feel free to comment and leave some suggestions that I didn't include but that you are doing that will be helpful!!!